IPL Hair Removal
Cutera ProWave Hair Removal
Smooth as the day you were born. For the rest of your life.
Now men & women alike are making unwanted facial & body hair a thing of past – thanks to the Cutera ProWave hair removal system. No more painful, waxing, electrolysis or razors! The ProWave delivers 21st century technology for treatment of this distressing problem. Cleared for permanent hair reduction, the ProWave can treat a wide range of skin types & tones safely and effectively.
The ProWave hair removal system delivers a specially tailored light source for permanent hair reduction. Cutera’s newest hair removal innovation provides treatment for a wide range of skin types. An additional patient benefit is the ability of the handpiece to treat large areas such as women’s legs and men’s backs – quickly and safely!
Why pick us?
1) We use the latest in medical grade IPL/Laser technology. The Cutera Prowave IPL/Laser System is TGA approved & has been cleared for providing safe & fast results with minimal discomfort not like other cheap imitations of inferior quality. This means you get more permanent results and need fewer treatments which will save both time and money.
2) Unlike the vast majority of other IPL/Laser operators in the industry, our team of therapists are certified ‘Radiation/Laser Safety Officers for Cosmetic Laser Procedures’ This means that you can rest easy knowing that you are in safest of hands and that our therapists are 100% accredited, experienced & dedicated to providing you with the safest & most effective treatment outcomes possible.
3) We perform a COMPULSORY skin consultation & patch test before you undergo any treatment with us. This ensures we have all the necessary information to accurately assess your suitability for treatment; forecast realistic results and minimise the risk of complications. We allow 15-30min for this assessment to obtain a full medical history as well as perform a patch test on the area you wish to have treated.
IPL FACE FEMALE
Upper Lip – $29
Chin – $29
Sides of Face – $50
Cheeks – $50
Neck – $40
Face & Neck – $99
Whole Face – $70
IPL BODY FEMALE
Underarms – $40
Bikini – $55
Extended Bikini – $65
Brazilian – $70
Half Leg – $150
Upper Legs/Thighs – $150
Full Leg – $200
Half Arm – $80
Full Arm – $80
Snail Trial – $29
Full Back – $150
Half Back – $100
Chest – $60
Shoulders – $40
Back & Shoulders – $175
Underarms – $60
Stomach – $40
Chest & Stomach – $120
Neck – $40
IPL Frequently Asked Questions and Information
What areas can be treated with ProWave?
ProWave can remove hair from all parts of the body including the face, legs, arms, underarms and back. it can also treat sensitive areas like the chest, nipples and bikini line.
What do ProWave treatments feel like?
When the pulse of light delivered, some patients experience a mild pinching or stinging sensation.
No local anaesthesia or pain medication is typically required, however some patients may prefer to use topical anaesthetic when sensitive areas are treated
How many ProWave treatments will I need?
Most area require a minium of 10 treatments, 4 – 6 weeks apart. However, the number of treatments required for optimal long-term benefits depends on multiple factors – hair thickness, the area treated and your hair’s growth cycle. Each hair grows at a different rate and goes through three distinct phases : growth, regression and resting. ProWave treatments work by disabling the hair that is principally in the active growth phase at the time of treatment. Since other hairs will enter this active growth phase at different times, additional treatment s may be necessary to disable all of the hair follicles in given area.
What happens after the treatment?
The area may appear a bit red and swollen immediately after your ProWave treatment. Three to seven days after the treatment you may experience what seems to be a regrowth of hair. Actually, most of these hairs are being shed as a result of your treatment and are not regrowing. Between treatments you should not wax or pluck your hair, but it is permissible to shave.
Are there an restrictions on my activity after treatment?
Following the treatment, you can return to your normal activities right away, but some redness may occur. the use of sunscreen is recommended on any treated areas exposed to the sun.
In addition, your therapist may recommend that you use a specially formulated skin care product line or prescribe a skin care regimen formulated for your skin type
What are the possible side effects?
Although patients experience few side effects, those most commonly noticed are slight reddening and local swelling of the skin, similar to a sunburn. these effect last for several hours or less. in rare instances blistering may occur. consult with your medical professional for complete information on the benefits and risks of the treatment
How does ProWave compare with other hair removal methods?
Shaving, waxing and depilatory creams are al temporary methods which must be repeated on a frequent basis. ProWave offers permanent hair reduction for lasting results.
How does ProWave compare with electrolysis?
Electrolysis is a tedious, invasive but painful process that involves inserting a needle into each individual hair follicle and delivering an electrical charge to them once at a time. Electrolysis often requires years of treatments at regular intervals. By delivering light energy to hundreds of hair follicles at a time. ProWave effectively treats an area in just seconds that would take over an hour with electrolysis.
Why is ProWave a good choice over other hair removal systems?
Using the latest technology in hair removal, ProWave can rapidly treat large areas safely and effectively on patients with a wide range of skin types. The cooled handpiece increases patient comfort and minimizes the adverse skin reaction commonly seen with other light sources.
Pre Treatment Information:
1) 2 weeks before any IPL/Laser Hair Removal treatment it is very important to avoid UV exposure & tanning. This includes the use of fake tanning solutions & solariums. You must notify your practitioner if you have had any exposure to avoid risk of complications.
2) Do not wax, tweeze, use hair removal devices or bleach 6-8 weeks prior to a IPL/Laser Hair Removal treatment.
3) The area to be treated must be clean. No makeup should be applied & the application of lotions, creams or serums should be avoided. We understand that there may be times that this is unavoidable so please let your practitioner know upon your appointment arrival.
4) Please discuss medical issues and medications with your therapist prior to every treatment. If you have started taking any new medication or have changed medications you must advise your practitioner to avoid any complications.
5) The use of any exfoliating products must be discontinued 1 week prior to treatment. This includes products with ingredients such as vitamin A, lactic acid, glycolic acid & salicylic acid.
6) The hair in the area to be treated must be no more than 1-2mm long. We recommend shaving or trimming the hair prior to your treatment. If you require your practitioner to shave or trim the area for you, please let us know at the time of booking.
7) Do not exercise or perform any activity that generates body heat for 4 hours prior to your procedure.
8) Do not have Anti-Wrinkle treatment injections or Dermal Fillers within 2 weeks (pre and post) of your treatment.
Post Treatment Information:
1) Post treatment, redness, swelling &/or a sunburn like sensation can occur. This generally can last from as little as 2 hours to anything up to 3 days. If you experience any discomfort during this period you may apply a cold compress or alternatively an ice pack to the area. However, if you continue to experience any discomfort please notify us immediately.
2) In rare cases, some scabbing, crusting or blistering may occur. If scabbing/crusting does occur you must not pick or scratch the area. Allow the scabbing/crusting to slough off naturally. These areas will eventually fall off, leaving revealing new healthy skin underneath. Should small blisters appear, do not pop or apply creams. If this occurs, cover with a sterile bandage and contact us immediately.
3) Within a couple of days you can expect the hair in the treated area to begin to shed. This can often be mistaken for regrowth of hair, but this is not the case. The shedding of hair in the treated area is a normal part of the treatment & the hair can take anywhere up to 2-4 weeks to be completely expelled from the follicle.
4) It is very important to avoid all UV exposure & tanning post IPL/Laser Hair Removal procedures and throughout your entire treatment course. This includes the use of tanning creams & solariums. Always remember to apply SPF 30+ sunscreen to exposed areas daily.
5) Be gentle on your skin and avoid the use of strongly scented lotions or soaps, exfoliating creams and aggressive scrubbing to the treated area. Try to only wash with cold or tepid water for the first day after treatment while your skin is in the recovery stage.
6) Avoid AHA and BHA products for the first 24 – 72 hours; avoid exfoliating or peels for at least two weeks after treatment and only use skin care products prescribed by your therapist during your course of treatments.
7) Until the redness has resolved (24-72hrs) avoid all of the following on the treatment area: Deodorant, anti-perspirants, perfume, aftershave, lotions, creams, oils or bleaching creams. Aloe Vera gel is permitted.
8) Do not Exercise for 24 – 72 hours after treatment. Sweat glands are part of the hair follicle and sweating can lead to inflamed and infected follicles.
9) Do not swim in chlorinated pools for 24-72hrs post treatment. Avoid unnecessary heating of the area for at least 2 weeks post treatment. This includes hot baths, spas, saunas, sun-beds, and steam rooms.
10) Do not undergo waxing or any other form of depilation on the treatment area. The only approved method of hair removal following IPL/Laser Hair Reduction is shaving.
11) Avoid products containing Retinol (vitamin A) during the course of your treatment as this could cause an adverse reaction.
12) Do not take anti-inflammatory medication i.e. Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Voltaren and others for at least one week after treatment.
13) Do not apply makeup the same day as treatment unless it is a mineral makeup.